07/05/17

Book Review: "How To Make A Wish" by Ashley Herring Blake

"Grace, tough and wise, has nearly given up on wishes, thanks to a childhood spent with her unpredictable, larger-than-life mother. But this summer, Grace meets Eva, a girl who believes in dreams, despite her own difficult circumstances. 

One fateful evening, Eva climbs through a window in Grace's room, setting off a chain of stolen nights on the beach. When Eva tells Grace that she likes girls, Grace's world opens up and she begins to believe in happiness again. 

How to Make a Wish is an emotionally charged portrait of a mother and daughter's relationship and a heartfelt story about two girls who find each other at the exact right time."

Happy Sunday loves!!

Today I bring you another book review, this time about How To Make A Wish, a book that came out last Tuesday, the 2nd of May.

First of all, I want to thank HMH for sending to me this ARC. It was a pleasure for me to read this book before coming out!

Now, one of the first things I noticed (those of you who have read the previous reviews will know what I'm talking about) was how big the chapters are. Like, REALLY big! About 10 pages each, with no interruption, which just makes it hard to get into the story at first place.

Besides that, there was no downside! Although I had to interrupt my read for a couple of weeks because I was having this huge reading slump (that's why I wasn't able to post a review on the 2nd of May), as soon as I got back to it, I just wanted to finish this book to know what was going to happen to Grace!

Mora than a LGBT book, this is a book about discovering ourselves, that sometimes we have to go after our future without the people who we love the most and if we really want something, the stars won't help us. We have ro reach out and take it.

The characters are also really good, interesting and relatable! And I loved to see them develop through the plot! I think Eva is probbaly my favorite... I mean, she got me at eating peanut butter with a spoon, climbing to the top of a lighthouse and walking on the beach!

Finally, the relationship between Grace and her mother was really interesting and I'd love to read a sequel of this book, after that ending that left so many things open!

Said this, How To Make A Wish is the perfect summer reading that you need to take on vacations: light, fast-paced enough and definitely makes you think about your life, what you want to do with it and how you're going to make that happen

Classification: 4/5

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário